Online course: LOMA 290 – Insurance Company Operations
LOMA 290 — Insurance Company Operations describes how life insurance companies operate in today’s global environment: how they are organized, how they are managed, and the roles of functional and support units in developing, distributing, issuing, and administering life insurance and annuity products. Learners who take this course will better understand how an individual job fits into the entire scope of the company as well as the importance of each employee’s contribution to overall organizational success.
All LOMA courses have been reviewed and updated as appropriate to reflect the DOL Fiduciary Rule.
This course counts as credit toward the following designation programs: ACS, AIRC, ALMI, ARA, CPLHI, FLMI, FLMI Level 1 Certificate, LCIC, PFSL, PFLP.
The learners will be awarded with a personalized certificate upon the successful completion of the course and the related I*Star (Individually Scheduled Test and Results) exam within 6 months after the enrollment.
The course is online can be accessed both from computer and mobile devices.
Participants in this module will be allocated 20 credits point related to continuous professional training for insurance distributors according to the ASF Norm no.20 / 2018.
The course can only be completed once in the continuous professional training program.
Employees of companies from the insurance and financial services industry.
- Describe how life insurance companies operate in today’s global environment -- how they are organized and managed, and the roles specific functional and support units play in developing, distributing, issuing, and administering life insurance and annuity products.
- Explain traditional ways that insurers organize operations and organizational concepts such as authority, responsibility, accountability, chain of command, delegation, centralized organizations, and decentralized organizations.
- Describe types of customer-related confidential information and how insurance company employees should handle such information to comply with privacy and confidentiality requirements, as well as ethics and regulatory guidelines.
- Understand the differences between legal functions and compliance functions, including how each is organized, resolves disputes, and conforms to market conduct protocols.
- Describe how human resources (HR) organizations are typically organized and their primary responsibilities, notably planning and staffing, training, performance evaluation standards, and oversight of compensation and benefits programs.
- Identify the main elements in information management, including a database, database management system, data warehouse, document management system, and workflow management system, and describe how business intelligence, business analytics, and expert systems are used in insurance companies.
- Describe common risks life insurance companies face and the risk management techniques deployed, i.e., diversification, hedging, expense and enterprise risk management.
- Describe the different types of financial accounting -- premium accounting, investment accounting, general accounting, and tax accounting -- and distinguish among generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), statutory accounting practices, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Discuss the product development process – generating and screening ideas for new products, product implementation, and monitoring, evaluating, and using feedback to improve product offerings.
- Identify the benefits to insurers of providing effective customer service, including typical customer service department organization and the tools that automate and simplify customer service delivery.
- Explain why effective claim administration is critical to an insurer’s success in guiding claim practices, the steps taken in evaluating a typical claim, and any “red flags” that indicate potentially fraudulent claims.
The participation fee may be subject to changes based on LOMA policy.
Investiția necesară pentru a participa la acest curs include
- accesul pentru o perioada de 6 luni la platforma de elearning si sustinerea unui test de evaluare